Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Getting Started

So, I've been really stressed lately about getting food storage and 72 hour kits in order, thanks to our omen of a blackout! I feel so behind and clueless when it comes to food storage. Last week someone emailed me to a great website that had tons of useful information and great worksheets/checklists (thanks Heidi!). We have our shelves up and now I just need the food. Hopefully no natural disasters strike in the next little while! For the food storage challenged, like myself, here are my two favorite websites that I found really helpful:
-
www.myfoodstoragedeals.com
-http://foodstoragemadeeasy.net.
I am still going to cross my fingers that Santa will bring me some Shelf-Reliance shelves for Christmas. We'll see.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Hi-
I found your blog when I was googling food storage.

Anyway, those sites that you listed are great! If you ever want more information, feel free to check out our blog, too. Our recipes use only food storage (non-perishable) food, which may be helpful.

Good luck with your food storage!
Hannah @
http://safelygatheredin.blogspot.com/