Friday, January 14, 2011

I Win!

In our home a great debate has raged for over 3 1/2 years.  Cheese chips vs. nachos.  If you are awesome like me, you are on the nacho side.

Let me explain.  What do you call a plate of tortilla chips with melted cheese on them?  Nate calls them cheese chips and I call them nachos.  To me cheese chips would be chips that have a cheese flavor.  Nate strongly disagrees, strongly.  No, I am not crazy, my best friend and sister-in-law Amanda has this same debate in her house.  Of course she and I agree that chips with melted cheese are nachos.  We are so  right, and I can prove it.

Have you ever heard of  The Pioneer Woman?  Of course you have, she is a cooking authority, she even beat Bobby Flay in a Thanksgiving throwdown.  So we all agree that she knows a thing or two about cooking.  Well, today I was looking at her website and I saw a recipe for salsa, see picture below.  If you click on the picture, it takes you to her recipe.  Once you are done with the recipe, you will notice that she recommends serving this salsa with NACHOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I quote, “Serve with tortilla chips or cheese nachos.” That’s right Nate, NACHOS.  I win.

salsa

 

P.S.  Dear Nate, they are called laundry baskets, not buckets. Buckets do not have holes all over the side.  Stay tuned for when I prove that to you. :)

5 comments:

Nate said...

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sandra-lee/roquefort-cheese-chips-recipe/index.html Look at what Sandra Lee calls them....

Amanda said...

Kim- Oh how I love this post! It is totally nachos. Cheese chips are doritos. Even ask taco bell, they know they are nachos and hello they serve only mexican food all day everyday. And Nate- who eats nachos with expensive blue cheese on them? No one! So that does not count.

Anonymous said...

I would like to say a thing or two about this. What are cheese nachos? That is what your beloved cook calls them. That to me signifies that nachos might be different than cheese nachos.
Cheese chips and Nachos are the same thing. I would rather call them cheese chips becuase I want the cheese to be the star of the dish, not the chips. I think you just got beat. Nate agrees with me by the way.

This is Benji!!!!!!!!

Rob and Jenni Holman said...

you guys are funny!!! at our house its nachos.. I've never heard of "cheese chips" good luck!!

emily+brett said...

this makes me laugh! this sounds like something brett and i would argue about for sure.

sorry i never got a chance to write about your comment about finding dr richards. if you ever need someone to talk to, i am more than happy to be a listening ear. i have talked to several women who are going through fertility issues and would love to chat sometime and hear about who you've done so far. you can email me at emilysbrady@hotmail.com.