Thursday, January 20, 2011

It’s Not A Tuma!

The title is supposed to be said with an Arnold voice ala Kindergarten Cop.

So as is clearly evident in the photos below, this is not my finest work.  I love to cook, but I have a love/hate relationship with baking.  Today it is a hate relationship. 

Here’s the story.  For some reason I was in the mood to bake today. For Christmas one of my gifts from my family was this huge assortment of sprinkles.  I wanted to use these cute dinosaur sprinkles.  So I thought I would be cute and surprise Nate with a yummy dessert tonight.  He loves chocolate cake and so I found this recipe that looked delish (even to me who doesn’t like cake or chocolate).    I followed the recipe exactly.  However, much to my surprise, I had two ugly cakes with sunken middles and weird lumpy tumors. Not what I had planned.  Then to add insult to injury I tried to turn one of the cakes out it completely fell apart.  I think I am on a baking strike for the time being.

Epic fail.

DSC_0242

DSC_0243

On the flip side, I have tried some new recipes of the non-baking variety and they have turned out so good!  I am trying another new one tonight.  Head on over to Durfee Family Recipes to see what I’ve been cooking.

No comments: