Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year........I Have Diabetes

Today was kind of a crazy day. Crazy good and crazy bad. Nate had today off of work for the New Year, they didn't want to have another holiday in 2010, so they made today a holiday instead. I love when Nate is home from work, it is nice having extra time with him, and he has been super great about helping out around the house. Also in the good new category... I got my camera! Woot woot! I've been waiting and waiting, and today was the day. So rockin' pictures will be coming your way! Now on to the bad news. This morning I had yet another doctor's appointment. I officially have diabetes. Crap, actually the real word that went through my mind was s*#@. I'm none too thrilled about this situation, but it is nice to know why I have been so sick lately. Basically due to the fact that my PCOS went undiagnosed for so many years my pancreas was damaged and led to my diabetes. Can I just say once again how much infertility sucks! So yah, that was my day. I want to cry a little bit, but I know what I need to do, so I will carry on. That is my resolution for this year, get healthy! Sorry for the past few posts and the negativity they've contained. Soon I will update the look of my blog and post some darling pictures from Christmas.

4 comments:

Dawney said...

Kim,
I'm so sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but happy that you at least know what the problem has been, and will now be able to feel better.
I'm so excited that you got a new camera! What did you get?
Can't wait for pics!

Elizabeth said...

Sorry Kim--diabetes does not sound like fun at all! But at least now you now why you've been feeling so sick. Hopefully you'll start feeling better soon! HUGS!

The Durfee Family said...

Oh Kim, I am so sorry! I hope you get feeling better soon! If you ever need anything, please let me know!

Rob and Jenni Holman said...

im so happy about your camera!! but im sorry about the dr. at least hopeffully you can start to feel better!! let us know if you need anything