Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Slight Change of Plans

Oh man, I swear my head is going to explode. I have no brain power left. Nate and I have been on such a roller coaster since Valentine's Day. Right around then is when we first had the Blackberry job come into our lives. Nathan wasn't even looking for a new job, they contacted us. After weeks of interviews, phone calls, prayers and the like, we really felt like Texas was the right step for us. Earlier this week Nathan turned in his notice to his current employer. Nate is an awesome employee, they asked Nate if they could give him a counter offer to tempt him to stay. Nate said yes, but that we really felt like we were supposed to go to Texas. They countered, and we turned it down. For weeks we had been praying and felt like it was meant for us to go to Texas. Nate's current employer came back with another counter offer. We were totally surprised. This offer was amazing. So with more thought and prayer (I am pretty sure I've been praying non-stop since February) we suddenly started to feel very positive about staying in Utah. I haven't slept in two nights because I feel like it is such a huge decision, one of the biggest decisions we've ever had to make. We came to a consensus, we are staying in Utah! We are still going to move into a new place close to Nate's work, but it will not be 1200 miles away! I know our families are excited to keep us close. I feel like a huge weight is lifted and I am really excited for this new chapter. But please, no more big decisions right now! I've had all I can handle for a while.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Crazy! I'm sure your family will enjoy keeping you nearby. That's so cool that they really wanted Nate to stay.

The Durfee Family said...

Isn't it amazing how prayers are answered! It'll be good to have you guys close!

Elizabeth said...

So exciting! Way to Nate for being an awesome worker!

Alisha said...

So sorry to hear that you get to stay in Utah! (NOT)!!!! Texas is realllly HOT. Here is a great mix of four seasons and great family and friends!