Monday, March 7, 2011

Today

It is pouring outside, I LOVE the rain. I would so much rather have rain than snow. However, today may not have been the day to wear sandals. I got a pedicure for my birthday last Monday and I just couldn't resist wearing sandals.
So my mom sent me a text this morning and I called her back because I needed to talk to her. First thing she says is, "Did you get my text?" Yes mom, that is why I called you :). Then she says, "Did you see my cute signature at the bottom? I just figured out how to do add that to my texts!" Oh DeeAnn, you are such a funny mom sometimes. She was seriously so excited. If you don't know my mom she is not exactly a techy. Nate taught her how to text a few years ago, how to add attachments to her emails, basic stuff like that. Welcome to the technology era Mom, glad you are enjoying it!
Okay, this didn't happen today, it was yesterday, and oh my gosh I laughed so hard. So we were over at my in-laws yesterday for Sunday dinner. It was nice, all the kids were able to make it. I was making dinner and one of my brothers-in-law was talking to me and asked, "Kim is diabetes contagious?" I wiped my hand on his arm and said, "Yep!" Oh my gosh it was hysterical! Amanda and I were near tears we were laughing so hard! And no, I am not going to tell you which of my 6 brothers-in-law said that. Oh man, still so funny to me!

Finally, the moment you have all been waiting for :). I like to pretend you all hang on my every word. I had my cardiologist appointment earlier this afternoon. Here's what I found out. There is definitely a problem and it is something that has to be fixed. What exactly is causing it still has to be determined. I am currently wearing a heart monitor and will for the next 24-48 hours. They want an extended look at my heart rhythm and rate and really want to capture one of my "episodes." I have not had any episodes today, but I had two yesterday and three the day before that. This might sound weird, but I am praying to have an episode. They need to see what is going on with my heart during these episodes, so hopefully I have one or two today or tomorrow. I also had some blood work done at my appointment. On Thursday I am going to have an ultrasound of my heart. After these tests are done and the results are in I see my doctor again. Most likely the issue will be corrected with some medicine or I will have a minor surgery. That's what I know for now! So pray or keep your fingers crossed I have an episode, thanks!

Now let's get back to my mom. She is awesome. She also happens to be super fun and SINGLE! My mom is really smart and likes to be active. She enjoys watching football and her celebrity crush is Mark Harmon from NCIS. If you know a good man send me an email at nksmithfamily@gmail.com.
This is my mom and her favorite daughter, me!
P.S. Do you think she'll try and ground me for posting this? :)



5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Kim, you crack me up! That'd be awesome if your mom tries to ground you! Let me know how that goes.... Just saw your new design site. Looks pretty fancy! Hope you have a good episode for that monitor!

Rob and Jenni Holman said...

good luck!!! let us know how it goes!!

The Durfee Family said...

I hope everything goes well and that you start feeling better. Let us know if you need anything!

emily+brett said...

i'm sorry to hear about your heart. you have such a positive attitude about everything and i look up to you for that!

Dawney said...

You make me laugh! I miss you so much I can't even stand it!
I hope all goes well with your lil' heart. Thanks for keeping us updated....and not passing on your diabetes to the rest of us on the floor. ;) (funny brother-in-law!)
We are planning on meeting for lunch on St. Patty's day at 11am at Tuccano's in the Riverwoods. Wanna come?? We would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see you!!!